MCSC Intranet Home
Conducting Performance Reviews
This course gives managers the skills to set and gain commitment to both the "what's" (measurable goals using the SMART model) and the "how's" (competencies) ensuring they are linked to overall organizational goals.
Managers will learn about the performance management cycle which includes:
1. Planning and setting goals;
2. Ongoing tracking, providing feedback and coaching;
3. Conducting the annual review in a meaningful way.
The Civil Service HRMN online performance management tool is reviewed along with the Civil Service Rule, regulations, competencies, developmental plans and their relationship to competencies. The difference between performance management and disciplinary process is also covered.
Enrollment for this course is limited to current managers/supervisors.
As a result of this session participants will:
1. Understand how to develop SMART objectives (what) and determine appropriate competencies (how).
2. Understand the performance management process.
3. Understand the purpose of development plans.
4. Understand how to create and evaluate performance plans using the automated HRMN Performance Management system.
Who Should Attend:
Registration is limited to current managers/supervisors. This course is designed for a target audience of managers and supervisors.
To register for this class, contact your
Agency Training Registrar
Civil Service staff will conduct the training sessions.
Learning Process Employed:
Lecture/Stand up Presentation
Aligning Performance for Success
Developing a Successful Team
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills