MCSC Intranet Home
Managing Workplace Relationships
Fact: working with others can be challenging. Do you have co-workers whose behaviors or work habits drive you crazy? Are you stuck in a confining role at work that is blocking your professional advancement? If you’re reading this and nodding your head, would you like to know how to free yourself from the emotional impact these challenges have on your professional and personal life?
This course discusses how to manage our own reactions and successfully handle the behaviors of difficult people and situations in the workplace.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Examine how their own reactions sometimes encourage and reinforce undesirable situations or relationships.
2. Manage difficult personalities.
3. Apply a process to “neutralize” the negative effects of working with difficult people.
4. Set and reinforce boundaries.
5. Identify different types of confining roles that keep people from personal effectiveness or career advancement.
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is designed for all State of Michigan employees.
To register for this class, contact your
Agency Training Registrar
This course is one of three courses that build upon each other. It is recommended that the following courses be taken in this sequence:
1. Emotional Intelligence - Introduction (COMMCS044)
2. Managing Workplace Relationships (COMMCS046)
3. Crucial Conversations (COMMCS049)
It is not required that the courses be taken in this order and you can choose to take one or all of the courses.
Learning Process Employed: